Thursday, April 24, 2014

Cinderella 2.0 and a Field Trip

Last week, Cinderella got a makeover. I know, I know.  Her whole story is about a makeover. Actually, we gave Cinderella's stepsisters makeovers. Actually, the world's two most spoiled brats went to see the wizard and got hearts. Yes, that's right, we wrote the girls nice.  We focused on dialogue, and we are slowly changing the three girls' relationship. It's challenging to take something so well known and turn it around. I am finding that both I and my students are having a hard time letting go of our preconceptions. We will see what happens later today.

Last Saturday, armed with brochures, bookmarks, and banner, Inkreadable Kids went on a field trip. Look, Ma, I can alliterate!  We peddled our wares at the 2014 Tots to Teens expo, where the response to us has been fantastic. Course, it may have been the chocolate. We talked to Do the Write thing, the National Campaign To End Violence's writing challenge, and may partner with them later this summer. We also talked to the YMCA and are looking for ways to partner with them. We gave away lots of brochures and bookmarks. I even got an email from a parent interested in the classes. All in all it was a good experience. I found that not only can I write, I also have the gift of the gab. I am looking forward to doing more of these types of events.

Right, that's all for this ink readable installment. Stay tuned, as always, there is more to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment