Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Articles and Spaces

Don't worry this is not going to be a lesson on grammar. After all, if you are reading this you've probably been done with school for a long while and have had all the grammar you can stomach. So my last post made it seem like things were very dire indeed. In fact, that was only for dramatic effect. I have been talking to the Chevy Chase Community Center about potentially using their space to hold the writing workshops. And they said yes. In addition I got the times that I wanted Thursdays and Fridays from 4-6 pm. In order to make that happen, I had to become a volunteer. To do that it was off the the Metropolitan police department to get a background check done. Don't worry, I am safe around kids. And really it was a piece of cake, really.  After all, I don't even have a driving record. It took a week for the background check to clear and then it was down to the Department of Parks and Recreation (please, no sitcom jokes) to get the volunteer badge and have a small orientation. The orientation consisted of me waiting in the lobby of DPR for an hour, while the woman I had an appointment to see, fought her way through DC traffic. It all came out right in the end, I got my badge and I have a picture and everything. It is, like all such pictures, quite terrible, which I am coming to accept, is quite alright with me. Once I had that, I went to the DC.gov website and set up my limited liability company.  That was easier than I expected. I am now the manager/owner of Inkreadable, LLC. I have articles and an EIN and everything. Why not Inkreadable Kids, you ask? Well, that's because I was thinking "what if adults approach me"? They certainly can't be called Inkreadable Kids, now can they? What I did is I set up Inkreadable Kids as the trade name of the organization. I'll just have to think of something suitable for adults if there is interest. But how will people, contact sign up, and pay you? you ask? Stay tuned, That's up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment